Get ready for April’s Fit Foodie Cooking Club recipe —> Overnight Oats! Overnight Oats are one of the most popular (and delicious) breakfast recipes on FFF.
What is the Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge to get you in the kitchen cooking from scratch!
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to all make the same recipe each month to celebrate real food.
April 2021 – The Details
Read the below details VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
April 2021’s recipe of the month is Overnight Oats! Lucky for you, this month you have multiple overnight oats recipes to choose from.
Our Guide to Overnight Oats post includes our basic overnight oats recipes, plus 8 different flavors. Lucky for you because you get to choose between all of those recipes. Just make sure that when you submit your entry, you do it on the Guide to Overnight Oats Post itself.
- Maple French Toast Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- Moose Tracks Overnight Oats
- Neapolitan Overnight Oats
- Coconut Latte Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Strawberry Overnight Oats
All About Overnight Oats
The beautiful thing about overnight oats is that you mix all of your ingredients together, throw them in the fridge, and wait while they turn into a dessert-like breakfast that so many people are obsessed with!
To make overnight oats, here are the main ingredients you need:
The beautiful thing about overnight oats is that it doesn’t require every measuring cup and dish in the kitchen! Here are some of the tools you’ll need for this recipe.
Here are a few tips and tricks for how to make the most delicious overnight oats!
- Too soupy or too thick? If your oats seem too thick add a bit more milk. Remember that oats soak up a lot of liquid. If your oats are too soupy, just add a few more tablespoons of oats to soak up excess milk.
- Taste test. Everyone likes their oats a little different. Taste your overnight oats before putting them in the fridge. If you like your oats sweeter, add a teaspoon or two more of your sweetener or a pinch of salt to bring out all the flavors.
- You can double or triple overnight oats. If you are making overnight oats for a group of people, these recipes are very easy to double or even triple!
- Meal prep. We love overnight oats because they are easy to prep at the beginning of the week so you have a healthy breakfast for the whole week.
- Toppings. Have fun with your topping options! We love to top our overnight oats with nut butter, fresh fruit, seeds, or granola! ave fun with it.
How to Enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe(s), it’s time to submit your creation!
- Choose one of the Overnight Oats recipes from (THIS POST). It can be the one in the recipe card or one of the 8 that are linked below the recipe card.
- Make the recipe you chose and snap a photo of it.
- Leave a comment on our Guide to Overnight Oats post with a photo of your creation letting people know how it went. We’d love a star-rating, but it’s not required. Make sure to leave your name and email in the comment form because this is how we’ll contact the winners!
Join in on the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
2 participants will each win a $100 Target gift card. The selection will be random and based on comments that are received between April 5 and April 27, 2021.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (April 28, 2021) via social media and blog post.
Charity of the Month
TRans Youth Equality Foundation
Each month we select a different charity to support. This month we are standing next to our LGBTQIA family and donating to the Trans Youth Equality Foundation. We believe that everyone should grow up feeling supported and loved.
The Trans Youth Equality Foundation provides education, advocacy and support for transgender and gender non-conforming children and youth and their families.
Their mission is to share information about the unique needs of this community, partnering with families, educators and service providers to help foster a healthy, caring, and safe environment for all transgender children.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined, donate to the Trans Youth Equality Foundation here.